[rrd-users] Graphing a rotating logfile

Jan Mara jan.mara at krankikom.de
Sun Mar 20 23:56:16 CET 2011

Hi there,

I'm currently thinking about graphing the php error log to see how much
errors/warnings/notices are generated over time.

Can anyone tell me if I can use a simple: grep -c "Error" php.log to get
the stats or do I have to script something that deals with the daily
logfile rotation? Does the overflow function in COUNTER help with the
rotation?

Cheers,
    Jan M.

Jan Mara | jan.mara at krankikom.de
KRANKIKOM Alexander Kranki Kommunikation GmbH
Schifferstraße 200   | D-47059 Duisburg  |  Germany
AG Duisburg HRB 6669 | Ust.-Ident.-Nr. DE811853024
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Kranki, Holger Ruhfus

www.krankikom.de