[rrd-users] RRD Merger by Ivan Pintori [NOT SOLVED]

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon Mar 21 20:24:44 CET 2011

 On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Wagner Pereira <wpereira at pop-sp.rnp.br>wrote:

> I gave up!
>
> After all my efforts and some guys (including Tobi Oetiker) helping a lot,
> the idea of merging graphs to preserve the history didn't work as I tought.

Just a thought here which I have not tried and don't know if it will have
the same effect as what you are wanting, but:

Why not retain your older rrd's and create CDEF's based on them with the
proper offsets such that the resulting graphs will be contiguous with your
new data?  You could even perform calcs based on theses CDEFS and newer
ones, etc... at least it seems that way to my noob mind.

Kind Regards,
Chris