[rrd-users] What RRA does *rrdtool graph* use?

Jaime Lozano jaimelozano09 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:12:09 CEST 2011

Hello:

These are two examples from the great rrd tutorial written by Alex van
den Bogaerdt:
   rrdtool create test.rrd             \
            --start 920804400          \
            DS:speed:COUNTER:600:U:U   \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:24       \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:10

 rrdtool graph speed.png                                 \
         --start 920804400 --end 920808000               \
         DEF:myspeed=test.rrd:speed:AVERAGE              \
         LINE2:myspeed#FF0000

I understand the examples but what RRA does rrdtool use? I mean, the line
    DEF:myspeed=test.rrd:speed:AVERAGE
specifies the Data Source but not the RRA; and in this case, we have two.