[rrd-users] rrdtool compatibility between versions 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4

Dainius Cetrauskas lioniax at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:54:35 CEST 2011

Dear users,

I am planning to upgrade rrdtool from 1.2 to 1.4 on my system. I have
lots of statistical data collected and my idea is to use same existing
RRD files after the upgrade; this way I would have my old data
accessible and could append fresh data to it. So I am wondering
whether there are any compatibility issues I should know of before
doing migration?

I have tried googling, went through rrdtool mailing lists archives,
however found no clear statement about rrdtool compatibility yes's or
no's so far.

Thank you!

Leon