[rrd-users] rrdcreate via rrdcached?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 10 07:46:42 CEST 2011

The chaining patches are still in development; I had to stop work in favour of 'real' work, and then have been away for 5 weeks.  With luck will be getting back to them in a week or so before the 'real' work hits again...

The chaining patches currently only chain updates -- really they should chain rrdinfo (so you can check the remote state), flush, and create (it can't provide a decent backup unless creates are also chained).  This is still to do.

I had done a fair bit of work on the 'pause'/'resume' code; this also involved changing the 'rrdtool flushcached' to a more generic 'rrdtool cached <subcommand>' setup and things got a bit our of hand...  I'll have to re-do a lot of this again now in order to keep up with the latest SVN snapshot diffs as well :(.  Seems to be no time available to work on this...

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead