[rrd-users] how correctly make speed graphics

moose moose at email.ua
Tue May 24 13:40:31 CEST 2011

Thank you! with DERIVE it draws what I need

But there is one more problem  with "Speed IN" and "Speed OUT" in comments

as you can see the Average speed is near 80kb/s

but Speed IN shows ~32000kb/s

graphics are drawing from the script with such command

    rrdtool graphv graphic-daily_1.png \
    -w500
    -h100
    -b 1024
    --title     Daily
    --start     -12h
    --end       $now
    --imgformat PNG
    --interlace
    DEF:in=$rdb:IN:AVERAGE
    DEF:out=$rdb:OUT:AVERAGE
    DEF:in_ex=$rdb:IN_EX:AVERAGE
    DEF:out_ex=$rdb:OUT_EX:AVERAGE
    AREA:in#00DD00:in
    LINE1:out#F15500:out
    AREA:in_ex#FF0000:in_ex
    LINE1:out_ex#0561FA:out_ex
    GPRINT:in:LAST:Speed IN\\: \%6.2lf kbyte
    GPRINT:out:LAST: OUT\\: \%6.2lf kbyte

I tried to insert "GPRINT:in:AVERAGE:Speed IN\\: \%6.2lf kbyte"
but  "Speed IN" shows the same wrong speed, and I can not imagine where it
takes that number