[rrd-users] value and name both

Shabnam Shahreza shabnam.shahreza at alpha-group.ca
Mon Nov 21 17:14:46 CET 2011

Thanx a lot Tobi;

I just got a chance to test it today...

The output that I get from "PRINT" is perfect to be tested against the actual source files but when I check it with "rrdtool fetch ...." I can't find the match of it in any of the source dbs...

Example:

Imagine this is one of the printed outputs which I got by using "AVERAGE 1" comparing file1/2/3:

	print[10] = "7.843519 \n"

This search fails to show me which one of file1/2/3 has this value:

rrdtool fetch -s -1y file1 AVERAGE 1 | grep 843519
rrdtool fetch -s -1y file2 AVERAGE 1 | grep 843519
rrdtool fetch -s -1y file3 AVERAGE 1 | grep 843519

Even I dumped the output but still unable to locate the value....

Is this due to some normalization or something? I'm not the one who created the db... I just need to analyze it...

Shabnam Shahreza