[rrd-users] Lock issue

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Thu Oct 6 07:34:37 CEST 2011

Hello.

Is this file located on a NFS share ?
Usually this error occurs when accessing RRD files
located on a NFS mounted filesystem.

If it is coming from a NFS mounted filesystem you have
to talk to your administrator to fix the NFS locking.

HTH,

Andreas.

On 10/05/11 19:59, Caio Brentano wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm facing a lock problem in my software...
> Sometimes, when the script tries to update a file, it return this message: "could not lock RRD".
>
> If I make a copy of the file, I can update it normally!
> So, while I don't discover what is the problem, I'm doing this:
>
> $ cp file.rrd file.rrd.new
> $ rrdtool update file.rrd.new <DATA>
> $ mv  file.rrd.new  file.rrd
>
> I'm using python 2.4, python-rrdtool-1.4.5 and rrdtool-1.4.5.
>
> Does anyone have faced any similiar issue?
>
> Regards
> --
> Caio Brentano

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73
tel.: +49 7071 9457 671             72070 Tuebingen, Germany
fax: +49 7071 9457 411              www.science-computing.de
--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,