[rrd-users] 3 questions

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Oct 12 23:47:13 CEST 2011

If I understand you correctly from your diagram, you want to have a Y-axis
showing the VDEF value, and the X-axis simply has separate sources, not a
scale.

If this is the case, then you cannot do it with RRDTool alone.  In RRDtool,
the X-axis is ALWAYS time.  Your only option is to extract the VDEF data
using FETCH, and then use a separate graphing package to render this as a
graph.

If I’m wrong, and your X-Axis is intended to be time but grouped in months,
showing for a single VDEF, then you can do this by forcing your graph to
have a monthly resolution and plot that as an area with the slope option
off.  You end up with a chunky bar graph then.

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead