[rrd-users] SVG interaction on RRDs graphs

nbelorgey nicolas.belorgey at arumtec.net
Fri Sep 2 17:07:25 CEST 2011

@ Richard :
Jarmon look & feel is really nice also.
But Server side processing will be more efficient in our case...
The good way to do this for us will be to parse rrds with php after an ajax
request & then send gzipped values to specific client side javascript
graphing functions...

@Vladimir
The mouse over HRULE & tiny tips is exactly one thing we are looking for.
Many thanks !!
.

@ Tobi
Our goals :
Some of our graphs stack / compile ~20-60 AREA & Lines, then we would like
to implement interaction with check box / mouse over high lights & tinytips
for precisely watching data values on the graphs.

SVG limittations :
Per default my SVG graphs are 3-4 times bigger than png and this generates
heavy loads on the client side. ( especially for firefox )

The python scour script divide the size per 2-3 but is really slow... but
permit to draw more quickly on the client side.
http://www.codedread.com/scour/

It think we will add like Vladimir made in Ganglia, ie a little button that
replace the default png file by a interactive SVG / emacs / Javascript /
Ajax powered graph.