[rrd-users] Change RRD Graph Definitions

James McDonald j.mcdo73 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:13:25 CEST 2012

Hello,

Apologies I'm cross-posting, but my question is more directed at the way
RRD works than the Open Source Monitoring tool I am using (Xymon).

I'm looking to change already created graph definitions for one of the
checks.  The default is to use AVERAGE, however I'd prefer to show the LAST
value.

The standard built-in graph defintion is as follows :

[test-name]

DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:sec:AVERAGE

LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@

GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf%s (avg)

Do I need to simply delete the related graphs, change the definition
accordingly for the "LAST", and then have the graphs recreated?

 Thanks,

James