[rrd-users] How To Graph with Occasional NaN (OK)

Patrick Best Patrick.Best at telus.com
Wed Apr 11 15:47:38 CEST 2012

The NaN value is expected to be recorded, and this is within the parameters.

I have since discovered that a CDEF can be used that may draw a NaN using
the last-known-good reading.  I have found a posting under "graph magic"
that indicates this is possible.

Now I need to understand how to work with CDEFs to create the desired effect
(no gaps) when graphing.

> http://linux.die.net/man/1/rrdtutorial
>
> The 'nonans' CDEF is new, and the 6th line (which used to be the 5th line)
> used to read 'CDEF:kmh=myspeed,3600,*'

-----
Have a great day!