[rrd-users] RHEL RPMS of rrdtool corrupts timestamps in both 1.3.9 and 1.4.7

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sat Aug 18 11:38:26 CEST 2012

Hi Joe,

Yesterday Jo Rhett wrote:

> So I am curious. There is not much interest in the fact that the
> CentOS / RHEL rpms for rrdtool corrupt/destroy data when resize
> is used?  How many people have to slam into this issue on their
> own before someone will take action to get those RPMs updated?

there are no 'official' rrd rpms from me, so I have no say over how
and when the ones you are using are being updated ...

otoh, I would certainly like to make sure rrdtool does not have
bugs in the resize code ... I have tried to reproduce what you are
experiencing on my system (64bit Intel ubuntu 12.04).

* rrdtool compiled with mmap enabled
* rrd files even residing on an nfs mounted filesystem ...

to no avail ... it all works.

there were a bunch of rrd_resize bugs fixed for rrdtool 1.4.6
(r2192,r2169,r2166) though, so maybe for some odd reason, you are
actually running PRE 1.4.6 code and not 1.4.7

it would help a lot if you could try and reproduce the problem you
are seeing with a freshly compiled rrdtool (from original source).

there is even a rpm spec file included in the distro, so that you
should be able to build an rpm if you so desire ...

hth
tobi