[rrd-users] Solaris 10 and RRDtool compiling errors

Natty aloha2004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:09:12 CEST 2012

I'm trying to compile RRDtool 1.4.7 on Solaris 10.
I have Perl 5.16.0 (sun4-solaris-thread-multi-64) installed and manually
installed the following packages:

   1. glib.2.25.15.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.10.pkg
   2. libcairo.1.8.10.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.10.pkg
   3. libpango.1.28.1.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.10.pkg

all installed to /usr/local

I set my environment $PKG_CONFIG_PATH to "/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/"
ran: ./configure

and got the following errors:

checking for hosts_access in -lwrap... no
checking for cairo_font_options_create in -lcairo... no
checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
checking for cairo_font_options_create in -lcairo... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cairo-png. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcairo and its header files. If
  you have not installed cairo-png, you can get it either from its original
home on
     http://cairographics.org/releases/
  You can find also find an archive copy on
     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs
  The last tested version of cairo-png is 1.10.2.
       LIBS=-lm  -lrt -lsocket -lcairo -lpng12
   LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
  CPPFLAGS= -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libpng12
checking for cairo_svg_surface_create in -lcairo... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) pkg-config
checking for cairo_svg_surface_create in -lcairo... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cairo-svg. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcairo and its header files. If
  you have not installed cairo-svg, you can get it either from its original
home on
     http://cairographics.org/releases/
  You can find also find an archive copy on
     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs
  The last tested version of cairo-svg is 1.10.2.
       LIBS=-lm  -lrt -lsocket -lcairo
   LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
  CPPFLAGS= -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/cairo
checking for cairo_pdf_surface_create in -lcairo... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) pkg-config
checking for cairo_pdf_surface_create in -lcairo... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cairo-pdf. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcairo and its header files. If
  you have not installed cairo-pdf, you can get it either from its original
home on
     http://cairographics.org/releases/
  You can find also find an archive copy on
     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs
  The last tested version of cairo-pdf is 1.10.2.
       LIBS=-lm  -lrt -lsocket -lz -lcairo
   LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
  CPPFLAGS= -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/cairo
checking for cairo_ps_surface_create in -lcairo... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) pkg-config
checking for cairo_ps_surface_create in -lcairo... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cairo-ps. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcairo and its header files. If
  you have not installed cairo-ps, you can get it either from its original
home on
     http://cairographics.org/releases/
  You can find also find an archive copy on
     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs
  The last tested version of cairo-ps is 1.10.2.
       LIBS=-lm  -lrt -lsocket -lz -lcairo
   LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
  CPPFLAGS= -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/cairo
checking for pango_cairo_context_set_font_options in -lpangocairo-1.0... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) pkg-config
checking for pango_cairo_context_set_font_options in -lpangocairo-1.0... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of pangocairo. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libpangocairo-1.0 and its header
files. If
  you have not installed pangocairo, you can get it either from its
original home on
     http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/pango/1.28
  You can find also find an archive copy on
     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs
  The last tested version of pangocairo is 1.28.4.
       LIBS=-lm  -lrt -lsocket -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo
-lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lpthread -lthread -lrt
-lglib-2.0 -lintl
   LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
  CPPFLAGS= -D_REENTRANT -D_REENTRANT -D_PTHREADS
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/cairo
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking for glib_check_version in -lglib-2.0... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) pkg-config
checking for glib_check_version in -lglib-2.0... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of glib-2.0. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libglib-2.0 and its header
files. If
  you have not installed glib-2.0, you can get it either from its original
home on
     ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/glib/2.28/
  You can find also find an archive copy on
     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs
  The last tested version of glib-2.0 is 2.28.7.
       LIBS=-lm  -lrt -lsocket -lglib-2.0 -lintl
   LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
  CPPFLAGS= -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include

and the config.log shows this as one of the errors:

configure:23988: result: no
> configure:24131: checking for pkg-config
> configure:24158: result: pkg-config
> configure:24177: checking for cairo_svg_surface_create in -lcairo
> configure:24212: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing
> -Wall -std=gnu99 -pedantic -Wundef -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarat
> ions -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wold-style-definition -W  -fPIC -DPIC
>  -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/cairo    -L/usr/local/lib     conftest.c
> -lcairo  -lm  -lrt -lsocket -lcairo   >&5
> conftest.c:103:1: warning: "TIME_T_IS_32BIT" redefined
> conftest.c:100:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
> conftest.c: In function `main':
> conftest.c:115: warning: old-style parameter declaration
> *ld: fatal: file /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64*
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure:24219: $? = 1

the 3 packages I installed previously, all are 64bit and my platform is
(isainfo -v):

> 64-bit sparcv9 applications
>         asi_blk_init
> 32-bit sparc applications
>         asi_blk_init v8plus div32 mul32

any idea what am I missing / doing wrong here?

Thanks,