[rrd-users] pango 1.29.5 strange chars - SOLVED -

Stefan Parvu sparvu at systemdatarecorder.org
Thu Aug 30 20:08:50 CEST 2012

>  http://www.systemdatarecorder.org/bogus_pango.png
> The other modules Im using:
>  freetype-2.4.10.tar.gz
>  fontconfig-2.10.1.tar.gz
>  cairo-1.12.0.tar.gz
>  glib-2.32.4.tar.gz
>  pixman-0.26.2.tar.gz

I found the problem. Not a pango issue at all.
Simple: I did add to my ubuntu 12.04 ttf-dejavu-core pkg and
rebuild the fontcache.
Works ! pango 1.29.5 + friends in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server.

For anyone else what might see this problem: make sure when
you install rrdtool on a vanilla Ubuntu you do have installed
the basic font packages. Otherwise you might hit such issues.
This most likely occur for people installing rrdtool + friends
on a server type configuration, with minimal packages.

stefan