[rrd-users] Help in constructing 2 second update graph

EHCanadian EHCanadian83 at Hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 07:20:59 CET 2012

How does.

I'm looking to graph a 1-3 digital value every 2 seconds.
I would like to graph the data value for each update for
a one minute time interval.

In addition I would like to have a min, max, average line
for this one minute time interval.

So for every 2 seconds for 1 minute I would have 30 data
updates I would like to graph their values in a area like
format. I'm having a bit of a problem in general peicing
together the required command line to generate the desired
graph display.

Below is what I have come up with. Of corse this is incorrect
for what I would like to achive. Even atempting to graph one
data set for the desired length renders a whole area of the
graph depending on the commands or renders nothing.

Data example set fed to update every two seconds.
N:28, N:34, N:30....

$RRDToolPath = C:\SrvData\RRDTool\rrdtool.exe
$RRDDataPath = C:\SrvData\Domains\Default\public_html\wifi\

$RRDToolPath & ' create ' & $RRDDataPath & 'WiFiSignal.rrd --step 2
DS:WiFiSignal:GAUGE:4:0:100 RRA:LAST:0.5:2:120

$RRDToolPath & ' update ' & $RRDDataPath & 'WiFiSignal.rrd N:' &
$SignalStrength

$RRDToolPath & ' graph ' & $RRDDataPath & 'WiFiSignal.png -E -G mono -R mono
-a PNG -w 800 -h 600 --full-size-mode --start end-1minute --title="WiFi
Signal 1 Min" --vertical-label="WiFi Signal Strength" DEF:WiFiSignalDef=' &
StringReplace($RRDDataPath,'C:','C\:') & 'WiFiSignal.rrd:WiFiSignal:LAST
AREA:WiFiSignalDef#FF0000:"WiFi_Signal_Last\:"

So at the end of all this. I'm wondering if someone could help
in creating the proper commands to achive what I have
atempted to describle above.

Thanks.