[rrd-users] Graphing based of specifc end time.

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Feb 9 05:05:09 CET 2012

> The command I'm using is
> rrdtool graph --slope-mode --start -6h --end 1328688001
> Until I realised that -6h is -6 hours from now.. not from the end time.
> So now I think I need to modify the script so that the --start will have a
> value of -6h (in seconds) from the end time seconds.

Or, you can use:

rrdtool graph --slope-mode --end 1328688001 --start 'end-6h'

(if you don’t specify what to subtract from, I think it defaults to 'now' - or else you cant define the start relative to the end until you define the end first!)

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail