[rrd-users] Need workaround for rrdtool on Solaris 8

its khandu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:02:03 CET 2012

Thanks for the info Guys

I cannot upgrade that Solaris 8 to 10 because its a production machine
running old scripts.. not in my hand to do that.. so I am stuck with it

I will try out the rrdtool-1.3.8,REV=2009.05.19-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg
package and hopefully it can read / write other RRD's..

Again I am thinking, because other RRD DB will be made on RHEL , I guess the
rrdtool on Solaris will not be able to read it.. as to architecture
mismatch!!

The last scenario I can think of is to move the script to a RHEL server, use
the installed 1.4.5 version (from rpm) and as we keep migrating servers from
Solaris to RHEL, regenerate the rrd database with new RHEL version and start
using it.. (but will probably loose the old data in the DB) as we generate
year and month stats as well..

You are probably right, I am not good at Solaris and make and I can waste a
lot of time trying to get it running on Solaris 8

Any other ideas are most welcome..