[rrd-users] Unable to print date to the graph

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 22 22:08:33 CET 2012

Some explanation for the benefit of the archives and watchers.

> thanks for the link. I found the solution. It is not necessary to use perl.
> But I have to write another GPRINT link this:
>
> GPRINT:tmax:"  max\: %10.2lf °C"
> GPRINT:tmax:"um %H\:%m Uhr\n":strftime
>
> I have to add the ":strftime" on the GPRINT.

The reason for this is that the 'tmax' vdef will have two components - a value (IE the max value of the ds) and a time (the time at which this max value occurred).

The GPRINT will print one or the other; if you do not have :strftime, it will print the value component, according to the display string which is in sprint format.  If you add :strftime, it will print the time component, according to the specified strftime format.

Thus, to print both as you want, you need two GRPRINT directives (one for each component), as you have done.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail