[rrd-users] Getting Total Bytes from COUNTER Data Source

Chris Mason chris at noodles.org.uk
Sun Jan 1 13:40:45 CET 2012

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for that very clear explanation. I suppose 24 hours is a long
time with a wide variation in the peaks and troffs.
As you say I am going to experience an over estimation every time I
miss troff data or an under estimation if I miss the peaks.

Using the TOTAL function across a period that uses a 24 hr
consolidation function isn't that useful anyway so I will drop it off
my graphs.

Regards,
Chris