[rrd-users] Graph AREAs Appear Semi-Transparent

Chris Mason chris at noodles.org.uk
Fri Jan 6 11:04:35 CET 2012

Hi,

I have noticed that when using different colours for AREAs that a lot
of the time the grid lines are visible through the AREA. Although this
is very minor, it looks a little odd when some colours have grid lines
visible and some don't.

I am assuming this is down to the colour of the grid lines, but for
example, if I use a green (#00CF00) then it is a solid colour and I
don't see the grid lines through, but if I use a blue (#002A97) then I
am able to see the minor and major grid lines through the AREA.

I have tried to fiddle with the transparency setting of the colour
(e.g. the TT value of #RRGGBBTT) but this doesn't allow me to make the
colour solid.
Is it possible to make the colour completely opaque or is it dependent
on the colour you chose for the AREA in relation to the grid lines?

Regards,
Chris