[rrd-users] rrdtool usage questions

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Mon Jan 30 15:00:40 CET 2012

Hi.

You may took a look at collectd (http://collectd.org/).
It handles the rrd files very well, even for large sites.

A list of frontends can be found here:

http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/List_of_front-ends

Hope that helps,

Andreas.

On 01/30/12 14:51, Adriano "duke" Bacha wrote:
> Hello everybody!
> I had never heard anything about rrd but recently I've come across a possible need to use it
>
> I have lots of clients sending lots of info over time (i.e. ram used, disk space)
> and I need to make a panel that I'll monitor all these "sensors"
>
> First I thought of saving the data directly into the rrd, but I could have situations where my server has to restart, is it possible to restart saving data into the old rrd
> file?
> what about the risk of corrupting the file?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Adriano

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73
tel.: +49 7071 9457 671             72070 Tuebingen, Germany
fax: +49 7071 9457 411              www.science-computing.de
--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/