[rrd-users] Average value over last ten minutes?

Jack Bates 7tx7id at nottheoilrig.com
Sun Jul 8 15:50:26 CEST 2012

Can I get an average value over the last ten minutes from RRD?

I created an RRD with "-s 60", so I think it should record a data point
every minute? I then try to get the average value over the last ten
minutes with "rrdtool fetch example.rrd AVERAGE -r 600 -s -600", but
instead of one average value, it returns eleven values, each one minute
apart

I want to monitor the total throughput of our caching proxy over the
last ten minutes, so I thought I could record the throughput in RRD, get
the average, then multiply by ten minutes

Is it possible to get an average value over the last ten minutes from RRD?