[rrd-users] Splitting database and graphing functionality

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Jun 1 10:06:56 CEST 2012

Hi Ducan,

Today Duncan.Innes at virginmoney.com wrote:

> Sounds like that would result in builds that weren't complimentary? Unless
> there's also a --disable-rrd-database flag?
>
> One build would produce rrdtool database only.
> Other build would produce rrdtool database plus graphing.
>
> >From a packaging perspective, it would suit installers better if we could
> build the database 'half' independently and also the graphing 'half'
> independently.  Installing both packages at the same time would then
> result in the full rrdtool that is packaged today.

if you come up with apropriate patches, I am all for it, given that
the new alternative packaging does not break existing applications

the present configure switch is mainly aimed at people looking to
build a custom rrdtool version for their server environment without
graphing library dependencies.

cheers
tobi