[rrd-users] Independent Right Axis

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu May 10 06:14:13 CEST 2012

Chris,

Yesterday Chris Mason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can see this topic has come up before in the archives, but are there
> any plans to have an independent right axis which isn't coupled to the
> left that rrdtool can auto-scale?

you would have to run a two step aproach ... first evaluate the
data and then draw the graph with appropriate settings ... this
should not affect performance much, since the most costly things in
this are a) getting the data (the second time it will be in cache)
and drawing and compressing the chart (which will only happen
once).

hth
tobi