[rrd-users] Rrdtool for counting irregular events

Rafal Gwizdala rafal.gwizdala at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:00:30 CEST 2012

Simon,
I'm still working on the problem of SUM aggregations and have few questions
- below

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>wrote:

> (...)
> Well I only have four consolidations in my databases - designed to
> for for day, week, month, year graphs. Thus it's simple to
> pre-caculate the optimum resolution and timespan values for each
> graph. I just use a case statement to pick one of four sets of values
> and plug them into the graph generation script.
> I carefully choose the timespan of the graph so that each pixel on
> the graph exactly matches on consolidated data point.

- How do you calculate monthly statistics? That is, how do you deal with
months having different numbers of days?
- Does it mean the rrd file needs to start at the boundary of the largest
consolidation period, in your case at the beginning of  a year? This way
your consolidation period is aligned to calendar and spans exactly a
calendar