[rrd-users] Question about time stamp, etc with GAUGE DST

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Nov 9 04:48:35 CET 2012

RRDTool Data Normalisation.  RRDTool interpolates the data to fit into the predefined time ‘buckets’.  You cannot store the data with the exact time you enter them (well, unless you do some very weird things using a 1second step and large heartbeat but that causes other problems) unless you ensure each data point is logged exactly on a time window boundary.

See Alex’s excellent tutorial:  http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/process.php

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway