[rrd-users] rrdtool 1.4.7 broke --logarithmic?

Dossy Shiobara dossy at panoptic.com
Tue Nov 20 16:55:58 CET 2012

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point, upgrading rrdtool
broke some of my scripts -- they silently stopped generating output
PNGs.  I've narrowed it down to my use of the command-line option
--logarithmic, which still appears in all documentation and rrdtool
command output:

    # rrdtool graph
    RRDtool 1.4.7  Copyright 1997-2012 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
                   Compiled Aug  2 2012 07:45:32
                    [-h|--height pixels] [-o|--logarithmic]

But, see this simple test:

    # rrdtool graphv test.png --logarithmic DEF:ds0=test.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
    LINE1:ds0#000000:AVERAGE

    # ls -l test.png
    ls: cannot access test.png: No such file or directory

    # rrdtool graphv test.png DEF:ds0=test.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
    LINE1:ds0#000000:AVERAGE
    graph_left = 51
    graph_top = 22
    graph_width = 400
    graph_height = 100
    image_width = 481
    image_height = 162
    graph_start = 1353340364
    graph_end = 1353426764
    value_min = 3.3774000000e+04
    value_max = 2.5000000000e+06

    # ls -l test.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root www 6797 Nov 20 10:52 test.png

What happened?

--
Dossy Shiobara         |      "He realized the fastest way to change
dossy at panoptic.com     |   is to laugh at your own folly -- then you