[rrd-users] Multiple Updates Per Second

Wesley Wyche wesley.wyche at verizon.com
Wed Oct 3 17:02:44 CEST 2012

Well, i removed all the perl threading code from the script and just used a
good old-fashioned foreach loop on an array.  I added back the RRDs perl
module (RRDs::update) and removed the system call.

   DEBUG:  Processed 8050 updates.
   DEBUG:  'endTime is 2012-10-03 14:27:03' ...
   DEBUG:  'duration is 0 hours, 0 minutes, 37 seconds' ...

Now, the script (with this run) processed roughly 217 per second while in
debug mode (lots of extra cycles used to print debugging info).

I'll streamline this and squeeze out the extra 5 seconds to get this above
the 250 updates per second benchmark I'm shooting for.

It is a far cry from the 1000 per second I've seen people talk about on this
forum, but it should be good enough for this application I'm developing.