[rrd-users] Y-axis label is sometimes 1.0 instead of 1

Petteri Matilainen pmatil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:07:16 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I'm graphing temperature (gauge). I have placed Y labels with the -y
0.5:2 parameter which gives me major grid lines every degree and minor
grid lines ever half a degree. Labels are at every degree so they should
always be exactly an even degree. I also use alt-y-grid.

But sometimes if I have eg. an y-range of -3 to +4 degrees the Y label
is 0.0, 1.0, 2.0 and so on. I have also another graph (same rrdgraph
script) for inside temperature and the values are fine: 25, 26 and so
on. Why does rrdtool put 1.0, 2.0 and so on when the values (range?) is
small enough? Can this be forced somehow to always display an integer
instead of float? Thanks! Oh, and I'm using rrdtool 1.4.7.

regards,

Petteri