[rrd-users] Changing step off a rrd file

hilst danielhilst at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 05:17:33 CEST 2012

2011/12/13 oetiker [via RRD Mailinglists]
<ml-node+s937164n7089995h31 at n2.nabble.com>:
> Hi Hlist,
>
> Today hilst wrote:
>
>> When I run
>> [root at cacti-lab load]# rrdtool info load.rrd  | grep step
>> step = 10
>>
>> I got 10.. how can I change the step attribute to 8?
>
> you can try the rrdjig tool
> http://www.mail-archive.com/rrd-developers@.../msg03630.html
>
> cheers
> tobi
>

>> []'s
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
> http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

> NAML

Hey it's me again... I can't figure out a way to change step, so I
write a plugin that reads
rrdtool info output and generate the line used to create that rrd
file.. so you can change the
parameters and recreate the rrd file... here is, enjoy

http://pastebin.com/G16vatb2

Hilst

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"