[rrd-users] rrdtool or equivalent on an asp.net hosted server

marthter marthter at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 3 20:04:57 CEST 2013

Greetings all,

Although I am much more familiar and comfortable with Linux, my company
has an asp.net hosted web server solution.  On this hosted site I need
to display some live graphs from several remote devices (perhaps 5
minutes delay acceptable, ideally less delay, i.e. generated/refreshed
on page load).  The data  for the graphs could be pushed to the web
server periodically via FTP, or possibly pulled somehow from some other
server (where the real data from the field is coming in to), when a user
logs in.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for this?

I've come across NHawk
(http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/28763/C-Hooks-For-RRDtool) but it
isn't clear to me if that will work given I cannot install or run
executables on this hosted site.

Any other packages or approaches I could check out that anyone knows of?

Cheers.

Martin