[rrd-users] any way to add a data source?

Yannick Marquet itcsoft54 at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 7 22:17:12 CEST 2013

Hello,

I already did it, but not with rrdtool tools.

I followed this step :
1) create a empty rrdtool with all ds (new and old).
2) I dump previous created rrd (new and DS), extract header for DS
3) I dump old rrd (juste old DS)
4) I make a script (i haven't this anymore) to replace header and line
in <database> section as follow :
of <row></row>" sections
5) I use rrdtool restore to recreate the merged database.

Be careful, back up your file before try, because replacing database can
be corrupted...