[rrd-users] Core dumped on graph generation/OpenBSD - Solved

Olivier Debre tichodroma at free.fr
Mon Apr 29 12:04:43 CEST 2013

Hello everyone.

Well, a couple of weeks later, I'm now able to read carefully what I wrote
myself :-(
The problem lied in my RRA definition:

Which means that I stored:
- 2 days instead of one for the daily archive ;
- 14 weeks instead of one for the weekly archive ;
- 64 months instead of one for the monthly archive ;
- 731 years instead of one for the yearly archive!

I then remade my calculations, and redefined the RRA as follows:

I can't be positive about the real reason why the yearly graph generation
induced a core dump, but it so happens that now, it works (with RRD files
way smaller).