[rrd-users] Question about legends

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Fri Aug 2 00:21:22 CEST 2013

> i have had a look at the source code and there is this comment
>
> line 695
>
>  **   LINE:val#color::STACK means no legend, and do STACK
>  **   LINE:val:STACK        is an error (legend but no color)

In retrospect this should have read: "is a mistake (legend but no color)"

> Which after reading the documentation. i thought wouldn't give me a legend
> but it still does

If any of the following has changed, I'd consider it a bug, unless I missed
some announcement about changing behaviour:

The following two should produce a coloured line without a legend box:
LINE:val#color
LINE:val#color::STACK

The following two should generate a line and a legend box:
LINE:val#color:legend1
LINE:val#color:legend2:STACK

The following two should generate an invisible line, useful when stacking
something on top of it:
LINE:val
LINE:val::STACK

Area should work the similar.