[rrd-users] Using abberant detection, where is DEVPREDICT?

Alex Aminoff aminoff at nber.org
Thu Aug 15 18:02:17 CEST 2013

I configured some RRDs with MHWPREDICT, and I am seeing values for
MHWPREDICT and DEVSEASONAL, but DEVPREDICT is staying unknown. I saw a
post somewhere suggesting that one just has to wait, and in fact it took
about a day before MHWPREDICT starting appearing. Any idea how long I
need to wait before DEVPREDICT will show up?

Here is the perl code that creates the rrd:

my $tenmin = 60 * 10; # 10 minutes
my $hour = 60 * 60;
my $perday = 6 * 24; # number of 10min intervals in a day;
my $twoweek_intervals = 14 * $perday;
my $year_hours = 365 * 24;

RRDs::create($file,
  '--step',$tenmin,
  "DS:$rest:$rrdtype:$hour:$min:$max",
  "RRA:AVERAGE:0.3:1:$twoweek_intervals",
  "RRA:MAX:0.3:1:$twoweek_intervals",
  "RRA:AVERAGE:0.3:6:$year_hours",
  "RRA:MAX:0.3:6:$year_hours",
  "RRA:MHWPREDICT:$twoweek_intervals:0.1:0.0035:$perday",
);

Thanks,
  - Alex Aminoff
    BaseSpace.net and NBER