[rrd-users] Strange behavior when using CDEF to divide two values

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Sun Feb 17 11:57:22 CET 2013

Without diving deep into this problem, the first thing that pops up in my
mind is:

Do you know about, and understand, data normalization and consolidation?

http://rrdtool.vandenbogaerdt.nl/process.php

Be aware that consolidation-like behaviour may also occur while graphing, so
the number of horizontal pixels vs. the number of time slots does affect the
outcome.

cheers,
Alex