[rrd-users] Strange behavior when using CDEF to divide two values

Wesley PA4WDH pa4wdh at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 20:15:02 CET 2013

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your help.

--- On Mon, 2/18/13, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> So, say your consolidated data has a resolution of 10
> minutes (600s), set the end time to an integer multiple of
> 600 (all dates/times are stored/measured as seconds since
> unix epoch (midnight, 1st Jan 1970)). Then work back for
> your start time. In Bash :
My data has a 5 minute resolution, so i came up with this:
-s 1361127600 -e 1361214000 -w 288

I applied that to all three graphs, but unfortunately that didn't change the result. I also changed the CF on de RRA from AVERAGE to MAX but that also didn't change the result.
The new graphs are now available here: http://ernstagn.home.xs4all.nl/rrd/

Any suggestions ?

Best regards,
Wesley