[rrd-users] Strange behavior when using CDEF to divide twovalues

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Sat Feb 23 00:09:31 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wesley PA4WDH" <pa4wdh at yahoo.com>
To: <rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch>; "Alex van den Bogaerdt"
<alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [rrd-users] Strange behavior when using CDEF to divide
twovalues

> Hi Alex,
>
> I just saw your message on the rrdtool-developers mailing lists. Things
> make sense now, but even with that information it took me a while to
> notice COUNT is indeed an operation listed in the rrdgraph_rpn manual :-)

Yeah, and eventhough I knew about this problem, it was burried deep in the
back of my memory.

The manual page has this to say about it:
"
When picking variable names, make sure you do not choose a name that is
already taken by an RPN operator. A safe bet it to use lowercase or mixed
case names for variables since operators will always be in uppercase.
"

So, using "count" instead of "COUNT" should already be enough.

> Thanks for your support.

You're welcome.

cheers,
Alex