[rrd-users] Setting RRDCACHED_ADDRESS globally

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 21 22:24:36 CET 2013

> Steve Shipway wrote:
> > If using Apache, you can set the environment variable globally in the
> httpd.conf (using SetEnv) and this is passed on to all CGI scripts.
>
> Yes, as I mentioned in my original email. But it appears to break
> things where the RRD isn't managed with cached.

If you have some CGI scripts that need to use RRDcached, and some which have local RRDs, then you do not need to set the variable globally.

Just use Apache's <Files> or <Directory> tags to set it for just certain scripts (I think this should work)

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会