[rrd-users] rrdtool Question. traffic after a while does not appear

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jun 19 23:56:46 CEST 2013

> Im currently working with cacti graphing traffic workstations,
> whenever i add a new station took a snapshot of the traffic generated,
> however after a while i consult the chart on the same date and time to
> take the initial capture but traffic doesnt appear, its normal for
> this to happen?

My first thought is that you should take a look at the length of the RRAs you have defined in the RRD file.  If they are not long enough, then the historical data will be deleted due to the 'round robin' nature of the database, though at this point I would have expected the graphing utility to use a larger granularity RRA instead...  possibly you have a single RRA and it is not long enough to hold data as far back as you expect?

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会