[rrd-users] problem calculating the difference between MAX and MIN

stefan Stefan.Bruder at gmx.net
Thu Jun 27 16:54:22 CEST 2013

Hello Yannik,
thank youz for your quick response,
I am new to RRDTOOL
but this is a great tool...

this is my create command:
rrdtool create c:/rrdtool/VSM.rrd --start $epoch_start --step 10
DS:Watt_cur:GAUGE:60:U:U RRA:MAX:0.5:1:60480 DS:Watt_tot:GAUGE:60:U:U
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:60480
you are right, I have no RRA:MIN

Could you point me to the right create command?
I want to store two values
1. the current energy  in WATT ( this is a value from 0 to maybe >10000)
2. the current power in kWh ( this is a value which increases each time
period)
I want to show power and  delta energy in the graph ( which should be about
10kWh / 24h)

 I want to show a second curevewith the delta of "Zaehlerstand max" and
"Zaehlerstand min"
and I want to "GPRINT" this value
do I need to recreate the database?