[rrd-users] rrd graph inter/extrapolation of large U / NaN blocks

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 4 22:40:09 CET 2013

> Using PREV gave the following;
> ERROR: rpn expressions without DEF or CDEF variables are not supported

I'm not sure why that should be; I'd need to see the exact CDEF you used to verify.  Here is code from my system that definitely works:

DEF:in=/u01/rrddata/ace_gi9_45.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE:daemon=unix\:/var/tmp/rrdcached.sock
CDEF:unpin=in,UN,PREV,in,IF
CDEF:fin=unpin,8,*
AREA:fin#00cc00:Incoming traffic

This makes the 'unpin' CDEF be the 'in' value, but extending the last known value horizontally over unknown areas.
Possibly using PREV rather than PREV(in) avoids the message, or else we have different versions of rrdtool...

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会