[rrd-users] RRD GAUGE problem

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:01:55 CEST 2013

Thanks for hint, but this is working only when invoking at moment of time.
E.g. If I run script

tt=`jot - 1 30`
for i in $tt
do
t=`date +"%s"`
rrdtool update testing.rrd $t:5; rrdtool update testing2.rrd N:5;
sleep 63;
done

I still  see same seesaw graph (I changed from 61 to 63 to make problem
more visible).
The script was run on fresh created two files, according your command.
The problem  (if there is problem) lies somewhere in some rounding time, as
it seems appear in both files, when I specify N, and time.
Here's my fresh graphs:
https://javaz.org/wp-content/testing.rrd-avg.png
https://javaz.org/wp-content/testing2.rrd-avg.png

Could you confirm that if you run my script (with real half-hour
datamining) you will have same good-looking graph?

BTW, I'm using rrdtool-1.4.7.

2013/5/16 Donovan Baarda

--
Regards,