[rrd-users] Calculation that is a bit over my head.

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 18 01:55:29 CET 2013

If you have a 0 and a 1 logged, and your graph is for one day, then you could get your total energy use by

DEF:onoff=myfile.rrd:myds:AVERAGE

(This is now a dataset of 1 or 0)

CDEF:powerinwatts=onoff,3000,*

(This is now a dataset of Watts)

CDEF:powertmp=powerinwatts,86400,*

(This is an intermediate dataset holding 86400xWatts.  This is necessary because you cannot do arithmetic in a VDEF)

VDEF:totalenergy=powertmp,AVERAGE

(This is a single value of  (average power over a day, multiplied by 86400).  Since 86400 is the number of seconds in a day, this value is therefore the total energy consumption for the day in Joules.)

Of course the above can be simplified.  If you want in kWh rather than J you can divide by 3600000 …

Steve

  _____

Steve Shipway

ITS Unix Services Design Lead

University of Auckland, New Zealand

Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland

Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487

DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487

Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189

Email:  <mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail : 打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会