[rrd-users] Monthly graph fetches data from yearly RRA instead of monthly one

Juma juma993 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:52:26 CEST 2013

Hi,
I created a rr db to store my home router's traffic data.

I have set the step to be of 60 seconds, and created various RRAs where data
gets aggregated every 1, 5, 30, 120 and 1440 steps, to create respectively
4-hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly graphs.

Then I call rrdtool graph with --end now --start end-${interval} options,
where ${interval} is the appropriate one for every graph.

The problem is that the monthly graph have the same data points as the
yearly graph, but with a shorter range (the images at
http://dbzero.it/img/nas1_month.png and http://dbzero.it/img/nas1_year.png
can explain it better).
All other graphs (printed the same way, but with a different $interval) are
printed fine.

Do you have any hint to debug the problem, or to force the graph tool to
fetch data from a specific RRA?

Thank you for your attention,
Juri