[rrd-users] rrdtool create graph very slow after system crash

thomas.brinkmann at email.de thomas.brinkmann at email.de
Wed Aug 6 19:42:48 CEST 2014

Hello everybody,

i'm using rrdtool to display some temperatures. It was working great until i
had bad blocks on my SD-Card. I'm using Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi B. I
copied the SD-Card to a new one, now the creation of rrdgraphs is very slow.
Before the BadBlocks the graph was created in under a second, now it takes
3(!) minutes. During creation the cpu load is at 100%

I can create dumpfiles from my rrd database without errors, so i think the
database is intact.

Has anyone an idea how to speedup the creation? Or maybe there are other
files corrupted, but i don't now which files are required for rrdtool to
work fast.