[rrd-users] rrdtool create graph very slow after system crash

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 6 23:47:45 CEST 2014

> Before the BadBlocks the graph was created in under a second, now it takes
> 3(!) minutes. During creation the cpu load is at 100%

You might like to check the class rating of the SD card you are using in
your Pi.  Anything under a 6 is too slow, and really, you should try for a
class 10 as RRDTool has a lot of IO and is usually IO bound.  This can make
a big difference on the speed of things; also using the cheaper brands is
false economy...  I've had problems onRasPi in the past using cheapo Apacer
class6 cards instead of the decent branded class10 ones.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz