[rrd-users] XML dump/restore: How to handle "cdp_prep"?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Aug 20 00:22:08 CEST 2014

I have a utility I've written to merge multiple historic RRD files into a
single RRD with longer RRAs (it was originally written to merge the old-style
RRD archives from MRTG/RRD/Routers2 into new-style single extended RRD files).
It can also perform more complex merges from different RRD files with
non-matching RRAs or DSs.  It pulls older data where possible to make up the
gaps.

If you'd like a copy of this, it is included with the latest Routers2 package,
(2.23beta5) or drop me a line and I can email it to you.  It is written in
Perl and works by building a new XML for import.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz