[rrd-users] Not a simple unsigned integer

Silver, Jonathan jonathan.silver at unify.com
Sat Aug 23 00:00:50 CEST 2014

We are getting this "Not a simple unsigned integer" error. I see from the forums that we have to provide integers for when metrocs are counters. Is there a real reason and requirement for this restriction? I'm curious. We have units = Kytes and we are passing 100.2 which is why we are getting the error.  We also seem to be getting the error when sending a whole number of type Float.

It really seems to me that rrdtool should not be so picky and should massage the data.

We are actually using jmxtrans to collect the data and passing that through ganglia so it will be some work for us to resolve in the jvm, so any help and/or pointers are extremely appreciated.

Thanks
jonathan